Welcome to the New Leaf Foundation!
We are a non-profit organization started by a then 16 year old girl from Charlotte, NC named Laura Gennings. Her heart to serve God's children drove her to do something about all the wrong she saw in the world. It’s our mission to help low-income families in the Church turn over a new leaf by providing them with financial assistance, basic necessities, and counseling within a system of accountability. We hope that by supporting them in this way, they will be empowered to overcome whatever hardships they’re facing and get a second chance at life.
If you are a new guest or you wish to have a deeper knowledge of what we do, we invite you to take a look at the “About us” page where you will find a more detailed description of our activities. If you are eager to find out how you can support us, please scroll down and look at our updates, then go to our “Donations” page to see how you can get started. We also encourage you to sign up for our mailing list so we can keep you informed about what’s currently happening with the Foundation and how you can change the life of someone in need today.
To our Supporters...
When people like yourself donate your money, time, and/or products to serve our families, what you're really doing is answering a prayer that could come no other way than through you! Every selfless donation made to these families is another reason why they can be assured that God will never leave them in their time of need. So on behalf of the families you've served, we say Thank You for choosing to be a blessing for those in need. God bless you!
Click on Donate below to support these families in need. If you're someone who is in need, click on Get Help below for our criteria for support.
- It's time for our Adopt A Child for Christmas program. This marks our 14th year! Go to our Donations page if you would like to support one of our 60 children or 25 families. The suggested donation is $50 per child and $150 per family. Thank you for your support!
- We can now accept online donations! Just go to our Donations page and you can use your Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, or PayPal account to help support our families in need!
- Want to know what God's word says about your finances? Check out the video on our Resources page.
- We trained one of our new family members on how to get a job in a down economy. She followed our plan exactly and received 3 job offers. She took 2 of them and will now earn enough money to support her and her 4 grandchildren that live with her!!!
- To our donors...we have listed on the website the criteria used before we ever agree to even meet with a family. You should be aware of these requirements. You can see them on our Criteria page.
- We have a new strategic partnership with another local non-profit organization called The Bin. They provide home goods and appliances for families that need a helping hand. We are now one of five referral agencies for them. They have already helped to provide furniture for 7 of our families!
Join Our Mailing List
You can keep up to date with what's happening, hear success stories, learn of new opportunities and much more by joining our mailing list. Please take the time to do that now!